Through the North Texas REALTORS® in Action Foundation, members of the Collin County Association of REALTORS® are able to make a huge impact in surrounding communities. By jumping in to clean-up after natural disasters to participating in area charitable causes and everything in-between, the Foundation is honored to be of service in North Texas.
Some of our past efforts include:
- Provided emergency kits to those affected by the November 2022 tornado in Paris, Texas.
- Provided $27,750 in financial assistance to those affected by the 2021 Texas Winter Storm.
- Assisted in building wheelchair ramps for disabled veterans and those who are homebound.
- Provided financial assistance to those affected by Hurricane Harvey through the REALTOR® Relief Fund.
- Provided financial assistance to the Rockport Association of REALTORS® to help in their specific area after Hurricane Harvey.
- Assisted with fundraising to help those affected by the devastating 2016 hailstorm in Wylie, Texas.
- Provided volunteers to help with tree/debris removal for those affected by the Christmas 2015 tornadoes in Rockwall, Texas and surrounding areas.
- Provided financial assistance to those affected by the Christmas 2015 tornadoes in Rockwall, Rowlett, Garland, Sachse, Wylie, and surrounding areas.
- Donated sleeping bags to the Salvation Army in Plano, Texas to distribute to the homeless.
- Hosted multiple food drives for Minnie’s Food Pantry.
- Hosted several Living for Zachary Heart Screening events for the community
- Donated funds to the following organizations:
- National Association of REALTORS’® REALTORS® Relief Fund and Foundation
- Children’s Advocacy Center of Collin County’s Guardian Angel Society
- Gary Sinise R.I.S.E. Foundation
- Hope’s Door
- North Texas Food Bank
- The Samaritan Inn
Collin County Realtors Offer Support to Tornado Victims
Jan. 7, 2016
The Collin County Association of Realtors’ (CCAR) charitable organization, the North Texas Realtors in Action Foundation, became official just in the nick of time. When the tornadoes hit on December 26, the Foundation was ready to provide support unlike any other organization in the area.
In the News
Collin County Realtors Provide Support to Tornado Victims
Community Impact Newspaper – By Marthe Rennels
Groups from McKinney, Other Cities Lead Tornado Response
McKinney Courier-Gazette – By Chris Beattie
Tornado Victims Face Tough Housing Market
NBC 5 – By Meredith Yeomans